Dynamic Behavioral Consulting (DBC) is a private psychology practice with warm, comfortable, rooms overlooking Middle River in Ft. Lauderdale. We offer individual, couple and family therapies, and work with individuals from childhood to the senior years.
We can work together to help you with whatever is affecting your life. Whether the issue stems from something current (e.g., parenting, work, relationship issues) or from the past (e.g., former physical, emotional, or sexual abuse); help is here.
The clinicians at DBC will strive to help you work on the everyday struggles in your life to the more challenging situations troubling you. You can improve your life circumstances by learning what makes you tick or by working on specific solutions and goals.
Royce N. Jalazo, Psy.D. owns and operates Dynamic Behavioral Consulting. In addition to her wide variety of psychological training experiences, she is dedicated to helping maintain a highly professional, experienced, and state of the art mental health practice.
Dynamic Behavioral Consulting is featured on Theravive.com:
When to Seek Help
Everyday stressors are common; however, when the stress is prolonged or overwhelming and you are not able to cope (for example, you think about it constantly or others are telling you that they think that you need help), it can become physically and/or psychologically harmful. A “suck it up and keep going” ethos can help in the moment of crisis, but it is not a good tactic afterwards if it keeps you from seeking helpful treatment.
You should consider seeking consultation with a mental health professional if:
- Your symptoms are causing significant changes in your relationships.
- Your symptoms are making it hard to do your job.
- You are abusing alcohol or drugs to feel better.
- You are unable to find relief with your regularly used coping skills.
- You just want or need to talk to someone who can listen.
- You are thinking about harming yourself or someone else.
- You are experiencing any symptoms that worry you and/or are causing you distress.
Therapeutic Assistance to Adults For:
- Grief / Loss (including miscarriage, the loss of an infant or child)
- Depression (including Bipolar Depression)
- Worry, Anxiety (including Panic Attacks)
- Insomnia, Nightmares
- Problems with food and eating
- Stress (including acute stress and post-traumatic stress)
- Anger Problems
- Problems asserting oneself
- Problems relating to people (e.g., insecurity or personality clashes)
- Problems with intimacy
- Childhood or adulthood physical, sexual, or emotional trauma
- Marital or relationship conflict
- Lifestyle imbalances
- Sexuality (including gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered issues)
- Not living up to your potential
- Preoccupation with body image
- General unhappiness
- Lack of meaning
- Life Adjustments
- Thoughts of harming yourself (suicidal ideation)
- Workplace Issues (Career / Job Burnout, Conflict)
- Attentional problems (Adult ADD)
- Infertility (psychological aspects of)
- Issues related to law enforcement officers/employees and their families
- Issues related to fire rescue professionals and their families
- Issues related to military personnel / veterans and their families
Therapy can be short term or long term, depending on your needs and desires. It can have targeted, specific goals or it can involve broader self-exploration. Each person’s therapy can be tailored to their individual situation.
Therapeutic Assistance to Children & Adolescents For:
- Behavioral concerns
- Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity
- Self-esteem issues
- Poor school performance
- Blended / Step-families
- Issues of Abuse
- Sexual identity issues
Psychological Assessments for (Adults & Children)
- General Psychological
- Personality Assessment
- Differential Diagnoses
Psychoeducational (School) Assessments for School-age Children and Adolescents & Adults Attending College
- School Placement
- Learning Disability
- Mental Retardation
- Academic Problems
- Behavior Difficulties
- Memory Functioning
- Assisted Reproduction (donor/recipient)
- Presurgical Evaluations (Bariatric Surgery or Prior to Cosmetic Surgery)
- Forensic Evaluations
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Disability Determination Consultative Examinations for:
- Mental Status Examinations
- Memory Assessments
- Intellectual Testing
- Learning Disabilities
- Adaptive Functioning
We are licensed by the Florida Department of Health to provide counseling, psychotherapy (individual therapy, couples therapy, martial therapy, family therapy, therapy for children and adolescents), and psychological evalations to Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Miami, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Pompano Beach, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Parkland, Coral Springs, Plantation, Sunrise, Dania Beach, Lauderdale Lakes, Cooper City, Oakland Park, Weston, Coconut Creek, Miramar, Boynton Beach, Coral Gables, Davie, Wilton Manors, Margate, Lauderhill, Tamarac, Deerfield Beach; and Florida counties such Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County.